Terms & Conditions
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
This is a required form for all Dog Wellness Club LLC clients receiving services.
First and foremost the safety and well being of your pet(s) is of the highest importance. ensuring that your pet remains safe and well cared for is our first responsibility and as such we take it very seriously. We do our best to have our pet parents screen for pre-existing health conditions but some factors may be beyond our control. In the event that a medical emergency arises while a pet is at our facility or participating in a service that we provide it is imperative that we are immediately able to get them medical treatment at the closest available facility. We will call ahead to the veterinary offices in closest proximity geographically to us to ensure they can handle the emergency present. Your pet will be rushed to the closest available facility for treatment and you will be notified. We notify the owner after we have secured a medical treatment center for the animal to avoid delays that may be caused by emotion on the part of the owner. Our goal is to get your pet medical attention as quickly as humanly possible, and any distractions may interfere with that process.
For that reason, it is a requirement to have our pet parents sign this form.
I understand that in the event of a medical emergency that Dog Wellness Club LLC, at its sole discretion, deems to need the immediate attention of a licensed veterinarian, I authorize Dog Wellness Club LLC to seek medical attention at the closest available veterinary facility. I further agree that I am financially responsible for any medical treatment my pet(s) receives as a result of a medical emergency while attending services provided by Dog Wellness Club LLC.
PET CARE AGREEMENT1. I further understand that Dog Wellness Club LLC has relied upon my representation that my dog is in good health and has not injured or shown aggression or threatening behavior to any person or dog in admitting my dog for services at their facility.
2. I further understand that their owners, staff, partners, members, member dogs and volunteers, will not be liable, financially or otherwise, for injuries to my dog, me or any property of mine while my dog is participating in services provided by Dog Wellness Club LLC. I hereby release Dog Wellness Club LLC of any liability of any kind arising from my dogs participation in any and all services provided by Dog Wellness Club LLC.
3. I further understand and agree that any problems with my dog, behavioral, medical or otherwise will be treated as deemed best by staff of Dog Wellness Club LLC in their sole discretion, and in what they view as the best interest of the animal. I understand that I assume full financial responsibility and all liability for any and all expenses involved in regards to the behavior and health of my dog.
4. I further understand that there are risks and benefits associated with group socialization of dogs. I agree that the benefits outweigh the risks and that I accept the risk. I desire a socialized environment for my dog while attending services provided by Dog Wellness Club LLC and while in their care. I understand that while the socialization and play is closely and carefully monitored by Dog Wellness Club LLC staff to prevent injury, it is still possible that during the course of normal play my dog may receive minor nicks and scratches from roughhousing with other dogs. All dogs are inspected throughout the day and any injuries to my dog that are discovered will be pointed out by staff upon pick-up. I understand that sometimes injuries are not discovered during a dog's stay at Dog Wellness Club. Injuries that are missed by staff typically come from incidents that: are in the normal range of play for a particular dog, do not result in an emotional or physical response and are not easily discovered through petting and gentle inspection.
5. I understand by allowing my dog to participate in services offered by Dog Wellness Club LLC I hereby agree to allow Dog Wellness Club LLC to take photographs or use images of my pet in print form or otherwise for publication and/or promotion.
6. I further understand that Dog Wellness Club LLC can hold me solely responsible, financially or otherwise, for any harm or damage caused by my dog while my dog is attending any services provided by Dog Wellness Club LLC. Mutual interactions between dogs that result in minor injuries will be deemed a faultless interaction. Complications from faultless interactions are the responsibility of the pet owner.
7. I understand that if my dog is not picked up on time or by a date specified in a separate agreement I hereby authorize Dog Wellness Club LLC to take whatever action is deemed necessary for the continuing care of my dog. I will pay Dog Wellness Club LLC the cost of any such continuing care upon demand by Dog Wellness Club LLC. I understand that if I do not pick up my animal, Dog Wellness Club LLC will proceed according to the guidelines provided by (The State of Minnesota Abandoned Animal Statutes) Abandonment of animals by owner; procedure for handling. I also acknowledge that I will be fully responsible for all attorneys’ fees and associated costs if I abandon my dog.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY1. I (Owner) represent that I am the legal owner of the above named dog(s) and I assume all risks, dangers, and responsibility for injuries to the named dog(s). Owner understands and agrees that Owner is solely responsible for any harm while Owner's dog(s) is/are attending Daycare / Boarding.
2. PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE: We love to post pictures and videos on Facebook, our website, and/or in magazine ads. Owner agrees to allow Dog Wellness Club LLC to use Owner's pet's name and any images or likeness of Owner's pet taken while he/she is at Dog Wellness Club, in any form, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials without compensation, and Owner releases to Dog Wellness Club LLC all rights that Owner may possess or claim to such image, likeness, recording, etc.
3. DOG’S HEALTH: Owner further understands and agrees that Owner's dog(s) are healthy and will at all times while attending Dog Wellness Club have current vaccinations for rabies, distemper and Bordetella. Owner is not enrolling any dog that has any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs or people and has not had any potentially communicable condition within 30 days prior to enrollment. Owner further understands that even if Owner(s) dog is vaccinated for Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that the Owner's dog can still contract Kennel Cough. Owner agrees that Owner will not hold Dog Wellness Club LLC responsible if Owner's dog(s) contracts Kennel Cough or other dog-dog transmitted ailments.
4. FLEA/TICK FREE: All dogs must be flea/tick free. Should a dog be observed to have fleas or ticks, a flea/tick bath treatment will be applied and charged to the owner at a rate of up to $250.00 depending on severity and size of dog.
5. CAGE-FREE DAYCARE & BOARDING: All dogs must pass a general behavior assessment demonstrated in the Dog Society Test on DogWellness.club in order to become members. No dog may be admitted to group play who shows any signs of any type of aggression. Owner further understands and agrees that in admitting Owner's dog(s) to dog-dog group play, Owner is representing to Dog Wellness Club LLC that Owner's dog(s) is/are in good health and have not harmed, shown aggression, or exhibited any threatening behavior towards any person or other dogs. Any dog demonstrating aggression or other behavior deemed unacceptable by Dog Wellness Club LLC staff may be required to leave daycare/boarding. Owner understands that dogs who are boarded will, at times, have physical access to each other without personnel present overnight. The facility is monitored 24/7 inside & out with interior & exterior cameras. Temperature & smoke alarms are monitored 24/7 through Nest.com smart facility technology.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Owner understands and agrees that during normal dog play, Owner's dog may sustain injuries. Dog play is monitored by Dog Wellness Club LLC staff to best avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision. Owner further understands and agrees that neither daycare/boarding nor any of its employees, staff, or volunteers will be liable for any illness, injury, death, and/or escape of Owner's dog(s) provided that reasonable care and precautions are followed, and Owner hereby releases Dog Wellness Club LLC staff or volunteers of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from or as a result of Owner's dog(s) attending Dog Wellness Club.
7. PERSONAL PROPERTY: 7. Owner understands that Owner is solely responsible for any harm, excluding minor injuries any other pet(s), to the employees or invitees of Dog Wellness Club LLC, or to the equipment, facilities, or other property of Dog Wellness Club LLC, caused by Owners dog(s). Owner also agrees that Dog Wellness Club LLC shall not be responsible or liable for any lost or damaged personal property belonging either to Owner or Owner's pet.
8. FOOD/MEDS: when boarding overnight, Owner agrees that it is the Owner's responsibility to leave adequate supply of food and medications for Owner's dog(s) during the entire time Owner's dog is cared for by Dog Wellness Club LLC. Should the food/medication supply need replacement, Owner authorizes Dog Wellness Club LLC to purchase replacement and Owner will reimburse Dog Wellness Club LLC for the actual food and medication costs plus up to $150.00 time/distance trip fee (per occurrence).
9. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE: Owner agrees to Dog Wellness Club LLC to obtain medical treatment for Owner's dog(s) if he/she appears ill, injured, or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that dog(s) may need medical treatment including anesthesia. Owner agrees to be fully responsible for the cost of any such medical treatment and for the cost of any transportation for the purposes of such treatment. Owner gives permission to Dog Wellness Club LLC to use Owner's vet or nearest 24-hour vet hospital for required treatment and agrees to pay the cost of medical treatment.
10. WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Owner understands special-needs dogs, young puppies, and senior dogs naturally have a higher risk of injury, stress-related illnesses, weakened immune system, or exacerbation of any pre-existing condition. As such, by using our facility for daycare or boarding the Owner is waiving any claim for injury or illness experienced by Owner's dog while in our care.
11. ELDERLY DOGS: Owners of elderly dogs (approaching the end of life) need to know if in the event Owner's dog passes on while in our care, our policy is to transport Owner's dog to Owner's vet (within 15 miles) where he/she will be held until Owner can be reached by the Vet for further instructions. If Owner's vet is closed or outside of our transport distance, then we will transport to nearest 24-hour facility. Trip charge will apply based on time/distance.
12. GROOMING: expense to be paid if Owner's dog(s) nails are too long and causing breaking of skin or deep scratches to staff, volunteers, and/or other dogs. Nail trim cost up to $35.00. In addition if Owner's dog(s) happens to soil their fur we will bathe them at Owner's expense.
13. PREPAID PACKAGES & MEMBERSHIP FEES: Owner understands that prepaid daycare packages are nonrefundable and expire 12 months from date of purchase. Discounted packages are provided only if they are paid for in advance. Membership fees are billed automatically and on a monthly basis. Membership that is cancelled and reinstated will be subject to a $300 reinitiation fee. Only member’s dogs can utilize our daycare & boarding facility. Membership entitles members to pay the published discounted daily rate for daycare and boarding.
14. PAYMENTS are due and payable at the beginning of each visit. Payment may be made in American currency, Visa, Discover, or Master Card. $45 NSF charge for returned checks. We do not accept Canadian credit cards. There may be an extra processing charge when credit cards are taken over the phone and cards are not swiped in person.
15. CANCELLATION / NO-SHOW POLICY: Cancellations must be done 48-hours prior to reservation date. If cancellation notice is less than 48-hours an amount of two nights stay will be invoiced.
16. CLOSING TIME: Owner agrees that if Owner's dog(s) is/are not picked up by the published closing time on DogWellness.club, then Owner hereby authorizes overnight boarding appropriate for dog(s) and to pay Dog Wellness Club LLC for applicable overnight boarding charge plus any charge for required food.
17. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: Dog Wellness Club LLC reserves the right to refuse admittance to any dog or dismiss any dog that does not meet or maintain the health, temperament or other daycare/boarding standards. The determination shall be made at the sole discretion of Dog Wellness Club LLC.
18. FULL FORCE AND EFFECT: Owner further understands and expressly agrees that each and every of the foregoing provisions contained in paragraphs 1-18 shall be in force and effect and shall apply to each and every occasion on which Owner's dog(s) stays with Dog Wellness Club LLC for daycare, extended boarding, or other services, as the case may be. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect as between the parties until and unless otherwise cancelled or superseded by a writing signed by the parties. Owner hereby certifies that Owner has read and understands this Waiver and Release of Liability and the regulations set forth above. By checking the boxes below & submitting the enrollment form, Owner agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.